Monday, September 19, 2011

Special for lovers of books, day trips, picnics or recipes

Those of you who are a regular visitor to my blog know that I love to talk about all the great leisure-time activities there are available in Connecticut. You may even know that I am nearing the 200 mark for book talks to libraries, civic groups, women's and men's clubs, newcomers and garden clubs, PTO's, and other organizations.

On Thursday, September 22nd at 7:00 pm. I will be speaking at the Windsor Library, 323 Broad Street, Windsor, Connecticut.

My talk will focus on stories about my years of scouring the state looking for the best day trips and picnic areas and the menus and recipes that are customized for each trip. They are all in my book Cruising Connecticut with a Picnic Basket, which on this evening only is available at a great discount.

Since this presentation will be filmed by Win TV, a local television station, I hope to have a packed house for the event. Therefore, anyone who hands me a piece of paper with the words "Special Blog price" may purchase a book or books at half price, which is $8.00 including tax. The rest of the audience will get the usual direct purchase discount of $15.00 including tax. (The retail price is $15.95 plus tax.)

Please come if you live in the area. I would love to meet you.

No comments: