Monday, November 15, 2010

November Days

I hope everyone enjoyed “Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day” yesterday (November 14th), a reminder of the “benefits of joy and laughter.” Don’t worry if you didn’t know about it, these traits work well any day, and in fact provide more benefits when put into practice consistently. Yet, it’s easy to get distracted in these busy times, so I decided to write these words on a sticky note and place beside my computer where I spend much of my time working on my second book.

Speaking of writing, today (November 15th) is “I Love to Write Day”, a day to “encourage people of all ages to write something: a poem, a short story or a letter to the editor, or to start or finish a novel.” Hmm, it goes on to say, “The possibilities are endless” so I figure everything we write probably counts, except maybe our shopping list.

This day was founded in 2002 by Delaware Author and Ghostwriter John Riddle and will be observed in major cities around the U.S. with libraries, schools and bookstores planning special events and activities. Check it out at www.Ilovetowriteday.org. Actually, even if you don’t enjoy writing, try just a few minutes of journaling on a regular basis. It’s amazing how much we learn about ourselves, and it’s great for problem solving!

I love this one. November 26th is “Sinkie Day”, a day to become acquainted (if you are not already) with the “time-honored, casual-yet-tasteful cuisine culture” of eating over the kitchen sink. How fitting that this falls on the day after Thanksgiving when people can enjoy the leftovers in style!

Happy Thanksgiving, and no matter how you enjoy your leftovers, may there be plenty!

No comments: